The best part about building your own home? All the possibilities for customization. The worst part? All the possibilities for customization. It sounds crazy, but sometimes having complete power and freedom is overwhelming. No matter how many recommendations you get or how many hours you spend perusing Pinterest, you’re bound to forget something. So let’s make it a little simpler by focusing our attention on one aspect of your new home: the electric. We’ve got some ingenious new home electrical ideas that will have you running to your electrician. Not only are they cool and creative, but they will also make your home amazingly convenient and efficient.
- Before you install drywall, take pictures of the walls once your wiring is up. These pictures will be vital in future years when projects require that you tap into existing wires. Your future electrician will thank you.
- Decide how you will arrange rooms before the house is complete and approve every last outlet.
- Do you like to decorate for the holidays? Think about where you’ll be placing your Christmas lights and where you would like to turn them on. You can have an outlet installed along the eaves below the roofline that connects to a light-switch in a more convenient place like in the garage or beside the front door.
- Add extra wires for cable and phone capacity. You may need them later and it’s cheaper to install them during the construction phase.
- Place a light-switch for the attic in the hallway below so that you don’t have to wander around your dark, steamy attic looking for the switch.
- Place a light-switch beside your bed so that you don’t have to get up to turn off the light.
- If you and your electronics are attached at the hip, consider including a “charging station” in your new home plans. It will eliminate messy cords and lost electronics and work to charge everything from phones and iPods to cameras and tablets.
- Add outlets inside your pantry and closets. These can be useful for appliances that need to be charged for use (like a cordless vacuum) and for appliances that don’t leave the closet (like an iron, perhaps).
- Also think about adding outlets inside bathroom drawers and cabinets to plug in devices like electric toothbrushes, razors, and blow dryers.
- Set up audio wires in the backyard that can be turned on from both inside and out.
- Make your bathroom warm and toasty in the winter months by adding heated floors and towel racks.
- Recess your outlets in places where plugs might protrude and disturb furniture, like behind bookshelves and beds.
- Add a surge protector that can be pulled up from your countertop and used to plug in appliances that don’t live there permanently.
These new home electrical ideas will add a new level of convenience to your dream home and hopefully minimize some of the stress.
Complete Electrical Solutions is a premier electric company based in Springfield MO. Their services include residential lighting, commercial lighting, parking lot lighting, and sign repair and maintenance.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nick_Altrup
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7803542